Guidelines for reviewers
Assessment form. Please rate the manuscript from 1 (weak) to 5 (strong) according to these criteria:
- Suitability of the paper in relation to the range of topics of interest for this journal.
- Interest concerning subject matter, method, conclusions.
- Knowledge of previous scholarship with reference to the topic under discussion.
- Degree of originality and relevance concerning current research in the field.
- Scientific rigour and depth of analysis.
- Accuracy in the use of concepts, methods and terms.
- Organisation of contents.
- Style and correct use of language.
- Use of updated bibliography.
- Relevance of the theoretical implications of the study for future research.
Assessment structure. When reviewing the paper, we advise you to follow the structure suggested by Publon for reviewers’ recommendations (https://plos.org/resource/how-to-write-a-peer-review/)
Make a STATEMENT
Give an EXAMPLE
EXPLAIN the reasons.
SUGGEST a solution.
We consider this structure helps authors understand the changes suggested by the reviewers and improve their manuscripts.
Conflict of Interests. Please indicate if you believe you have any competing interest for the assessment of this manuscript.
Assessment report. Before selecting your final recommendation, ES Review asks that you use the corresponding box to issue a report assessing the technical quality and scientific standard of the article, irrespective of the fact that your recommendation may be positive (Accept, Revisions required) or negative (Resubmit for review, Decline). In the case of a positive recommendation, the journal would also appreciate that feedback offers insight on improvement areas that may enhance the article's impact if published. (See Assessment structure).
Please note that ES Review reserves the right to edit your report, if it is believed that its content may be found offensive to the authors or may inadvertently disclose confidential information.
You may upload the author's manuscript file with your comments or your own file, but this is not a requirement.
Thank you kindly for your collaboration.