Copyright & OA Policies
1. Intellectual property
Copyright statement. Authors retain unrestricted copyrights and publishing rights and only grant ES Review right of first publication.
Non-exclusive license. ES Review allows authors to arrange additional contracts for the non-exclusive publication of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g. in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal. In such a case, authors are required to approach the editors or publisher to request permission.
Use of copyrighted material. Authors are responsible for obtaining all needed permissions for the use of copyrighted material, as well as for paying any reproduction or copyright fees. Permission should be sought to reproduce illustrations and text in electronic form. The source of copyright must be acknowledged within their work.
2. Open access model
Open access statement. ES Review subscribes to an open access (OA) model. It publishes all contents online, making research available to readers free of access charges.
No publication fees. This journal does not have either article submission charges or article processing charges (APCs).
License terms. All contributions published in ES Review until nº 43 are made available to end users under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License (CC BY-NC 4.0) while those published from nº 44 onwards will be made available to end users under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0) by which others are allowed to share and use their work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
DOI number. A DOI (Digital Object Identifier) will be assigned to all publications in the journal. It will secure their identification and enhance their functionality and accessibility.
ORCiD number. For an unambiguous attribution of their scholarly contribution, all authors are encouraged to provide an Open Researcher and Contributor Identifier (ORCiD) number. This is a requirement for first and corresponding authors.
Metadata harvesting. The journal provides an Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH 2.0) that facilitates sharing and reuse of content between platforms and repositories through the exchange of metadata. The URL for harvesting is https://revistas.uva.es/index.php/esreview/oai?verb=Identify.
4. Preservation of digital files
All items published will be deposited in UVaDOC, the Document Repository of the University of Valladolid, and archived by the Servicio de las Tecnologías de la Información y las Comunicaciones (STIC) of the University.
5. Author self-archiving & re-use
Authors are permitted and encouraged to deposit digital versions of their work on their own webpages, institutional repositories, non-commercial repositories and scholarly collaboration networks.
This can be done in both/either of two versions, and under the following conditions:
1. Accepted manuscript. This is the author's manuscript as accepted for publication, including modifications after peer-review, before it has undergone final copy-editing and layout.
- It must include a clear statement that the contribution has been accepted for publication and will be finally published in electronic format, by ES Review: Spanish Journal of English Studies.
- It must provide a link to the journal’s official website.
2. Published contribution. This is the final edited version of the contribution produced by the publisher and made officially available in digital format through https://revistas.uva.es/index.php/esreview/.
- It must provide a link to the contribution on the journal’s official website: ‘The original publication is available at [website of the journal]’, and
- must specify the contribution’s DOI link.
For any other re-use of their contribution which is not covered here, authors must approach the editors or publisher to request permission.